Enter Generation Impact’s Essay Contest to win Light A Candle Films’ The Battle of Bunker Hill DVD!
“If we forget what we did, we won’t know who we are,” Ronald Reagan stated in his 1989 Farewell Address. “I’m warning of an eradication of the American memory that could result ultimately in the erosion of the American spirit.”
Filmmaker Tony Malanowski of Light A Candle Films strives to keep this American spirit intact. The Battle of Bunker Hill, a 60-minute docu-drama, weaves together historical commentary and action-packed reenactment to bring you the inspiring story of a small militia whose stand against the British became the first major military engagement of the Revolutionary War. This film seeks to tell America’s story from a positive, faith-based perspective.
Enter our essay contest to win your own DVD of The Battle of Bunker Hill.
Who can enter:
First Age Bracket: 12-17
Second Age Bracket: 18 and up
Entrants from both age groups may choose any one of the following topics. Only one submission per entrant.
1. “Why does freedom matter?”
2. “Why is it important to know our nation’s history?”
3. “What is the most important thing we can learn from our nation’s founders?”
Judges will rate each essay according to the following specifications.
- Writing quality (grammar, style, structure)
- Relevance (how well the essay speaks to the topic and how much meaning it holds for today’s readers)
- Content (is the argument well thought-out and consistent with a Biblical worldview and historical perspective?)
One winner will be selected from each age group. Winners will receive The Battle of Bunker Hill DVD along with a poster, and their essays will be published in a future issue of Generation Impact.
All essays must be 250 – 500 words.
All essays must be sumbitted by Wednesday, July 20th. Winners will be announced in the August issue of Generation Impact.
To submit your essay, email it as a word attachment:
Or mail it to us:
Attn: Essay Contest
22549 62nd Rd.
Burden, KS 67019
Be sure to include entrant’s name, age, mailing address, and phone number or email address.